15 December 2004

Somehow, we all survived.

Phoenix, AZ (1976-1978)

I still owe Eichman either $90 or the two lids of Red-Columbian he fronted me that time him and Rob went in together to buy a pound from that older guy down on Palmaire, but Eichman still owes Rob for the $40 extra he covered to pay the dude...Then there was Rob owing me $120 for my Head skis that he ruined at Sunrise when my step-brother Steve loaned them out without my permission; but I owed Rob $30 for his bong I broke on the bicentennial 4th of July night atop my parents roof when we tried to do 200 bongs but quit after 68 because we both had severe headaches. That's $120-$30 which is $90, I can give that to Dave...Oh! And Thymius owed me $35 for 2 months worth of the 5-bucks a week in gas for picking him up to make it to first-hour at Camelback. So if I pay Dave the $90, he can pay Rob the $40 and...yes! He can give the other $50 he owes Jon for the cases of Hofbrau Octoberfest & McEwans Tartan Ale we drank that one night in Rob's pool room and then in turn, Rob pays $50 to Thymius who gives it back to me for the gas and also for a bunch of my Henry Cow and Hatfield cassettes he ended up with. With the rest, Thymius owes Eichman for the mushrooms we did that night Dave broke his leg at Echo Canyon...but no wait, that night Thymius was paying back Rob $50 for the guitar he sat on and broke in his room, and me and Eichman back for that one night at Encanto Park when Thymius kicked in an extra $15 bucks for that gram of coke Rob was short on that we all ended up sharing in which my part, covered Rob and Bonnie's two tickets to Be Bop Deluxe I got them at Odyssey Records (in which he partially paid me back with one Gentle Giant ticket) and a little later by paying for my share of the beer I drank that night we all went out in Dave's jeep and got lost in the desert behind Bonnie's Mom's Frank Lloyd Wright house and I think Rob evened up with his share a couple of nights later when we drank a couple of six-packs of Monkshof atop of the water-tower down the street from Dave's mom's house on 37th.

So $120-$30, and $90-$50...the $40 to Rob and the $30 which cancels out the $60 with half going for Jon's $45 to me, and minus $50, and the $50 which cancel each other out...plus the other $50 minus...so... carry the one, $50 -$30...that leaves Rob owing Eichman $20 after all is said and done...and wait, oh man! Rob paid for the potatoes that time we all went camping at the Mogillion Rim! That time when all that we brought to eat was potatoes to see if we could survive in the wilderness. Shit man, we're all even! And we all survived.

.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

party at Squaw Peak on Friday night man!

Some Guy said...

You forgot that $180 green skunk that we all pitched in for and Eichman put in the wall of his house with an apple that Tim Parr told him he should do. He had it in there for three months. It was supposed to make it even more powerful. Of course it rotted.

So, putting that into the mix I think I owe Rob $20. And David $20. Except Rob stood back and watched me get my ass kicked by Jerry Cox for smoking Jerry's 'pound' of Mexican with Rob so fuck Rob. I guess I owe David still. But David's a lawyer and I'm not so, fuck David. But wait, Didn't David throw up on your mothers carpet in the dining room? Cost her $50 bucks to clean it up. So, David owe's your Mom $30 and I owe her $20. Got it!

Great Blog!!

Anonymous said...

where's the picture taken at? North Mountain Park? So bleak.

wendi said...

It's so funny reading about those days on someone's blog. I went to paradise valley high school and could share some similar experiences regarding pot and probably pink floyd or king crimson tickets instead of gentle giant, but I did see gentle giant at celebrity theater I think. they might have opened for rennaisance but I am really not sure, it was the 70's after all.

Anonymous said...

I remember those EchoCanyon runs

Anonymous said...

Wait, I lost my shoe in Eichman's Scout. That cost 14 dollars. You owe me 14 dollars! But then I stole Schwartz's joint stone. That was 8 dollars. One of you guys owes me 6 bucks.

ScottB said...

Yeah, but what do YOU owe US? hmmmm????

Anonymous said...

say, scott....
don't you remember the 5g's i lent you that one night...?
Philip S

ScottB said...

:) Oh yeah. How do you want it. ;)
-S

Anonymous said...

You each owe *me* five bucks because I KNOW you went into my room when I was at some girlscout meeting!
Pphhfffffttttt!